12 New Products Launched by NIPOST at the 2017 World Postal Day
#ANewNIPOST. That is how the Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST) describes efforts behind rebranding the service at the commemoration of the 2017 World Postal Day. As part of the repositioning, twelve new cutting- edge products to ensure that Nigeria joins other countries of the world to stay relevant in the 21st century, were unveiled.
Below are the new products launched by NIPOST:
1. What 3 Words: NIPOST is now signed up to this multi-award winning global addressing system, based on 57 trillion 3m x 3m squares, each addressed with three simple words which allow delivery of packages to any address under the sun. Invariably, every Nigerian will have an address for their office and home.
2. Post Office Card: NIPOST launched this card service, which is a prepaid, MasterCard-enabled Physical and/or Virtual Card service, with a redeemable points system.
3. NIPOST Agency Banking: This will enable Nigerians perform financial services at NIPOST locations nationwide. Offline services for remote areas will also be established.
4. Bank of Agriculture Agency Banking: NIPOST and Bank of Agriculture (BoA) are collaborating to build the ‘largest banking network’ in Nigeria.
5. Geo-located Mailbox for Every House’ Initiative: This will provide secure mailboxes to households.
6. Money Transfer: In carrying Nigerians in the diaspora along, NIPOST is getting into the remittances business, with an ambition to crash transaction costs.
7. Address Verification System: This product allows you to verify any address in Nigeria. It will enable Ultra-Specific Addressing, including GeoCodes. Nigerians will now be able to use a NIPOST-verified address in place of Utility Bill, for their banking services.
8. Electronic Money Order: This is a secure, flexible and convenient method of cashing money online and offline.
9. Electronic Stamp: Called QuBit, this digital stamp system is able to process 365 stamps per hour. (NIPOST’s QuBit allows users to print their e-stamps on POS receipts).
10. International Parcel Services (IPS) Track & Trace: NIPOST customers can now track and trace their international parcels & packages, on http://NIPOST.gov.ng .
11. Electronic Insurance (e-Insurance) services