New Passport Application and Processing Regime to kick off June 1, 2021
NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICE PUBLIC NOTICE
All Passport Issuing Centres have been directed to clear existing backlog of applications on or before 31st May, 2021.
To this effect, requests for Fresh and/or Reissue shall not be entertained with effect from 18th May, 2021–31st May, 2021 in all Centres except for locations in the Missions abroad.
Notifications for collection of produced Passports are already going out to applicants who indicated functional phone numbers in their applications.
Meanwhile, a new Passport application and processing regime shall commence by 1st June 2021.
Critical features of the reform shall include the following:
- Applicants shall visit NIS website to apply, pay & upload all the required documents for Passports;
- Book interview/appointment after a successful online application;
- That no applicant who have not booked online appointment shall be attended to;
- That no cash payment to anyone shall be entertained in any Issuing Centre;
- That Passport application processing and issuance shall take a period of Six weeks after a successful enrollment;
- That requests for reissue can be submitted Six Months before expiration.
Our Centres are working hard to resolve all backlog applications.
We therefore appeal to applicants who have been waiting for more understanding and assure that they’ll get their Passports soon.
Nigeria Immigration Service
May 18, 2021